Teaching and Coaching Philosophy
I am originally from Akron, Ohio, Go Bucks! I attended Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. I played four years of varsity golf and two years of varsity soccer. I graduated with a degree in Business Management. I have worked over 25 years in the golf industry as a golf professional. One of my career highlights is working at The Country Club at Muirfield Village, designed by fellow Buckeye native Jack Nicklaus and is home of The Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio. During my time at The Country Club, I had the opportunity to assist with the instruction and coaching of 3 separate golf clinics with guest instructors Jim Flick, David Leadbetter and Tom Watson.
I enjoy helping my students learn how to play better golf. I use the same passion in every lesson with my students as I had when I first started playing golf over 40 years ago. Since then, I have played both as an amateur and as a professional. No matter what your golf experience may be, I guarantee we all have two things in common. We all desire to shoot lower scores and have more fun playing golf!
I believe the key to shooting lower scores and having more fun, is to learn how to be more consistent with every club in the bag. I have taught over 30,000 private and group lessons from beginners to professionals. By successfully coaching hundreds of students, I have valuable experience and knowledge in teaching the proper fundamentals and techniques that are necessary to help lower your scores.
The key to obtain this goal begins with understanding consistently cause and effect. The first step in achieving this is to have a good foundation. By learning how to have the proper setup, position and alignment, we will build from the ground up a more consistent golf swing. Which in return will begin the proper foundation in understanding how we need to implement a change with your “cause and effect.”
The next step for consistency is to learn how to “Practice with a Purpose.” If you practice with the incorrect fundamentals of the swing, then you are practicing incorrectly. Learning how to practice correctly with proper instruction is the only way you are going to make outstanding progress and start enjoying playing better golf!
Golf Career and Professional Experience
- PGA Member with over 30,000 private and group lessons taught since 1995
- Played professionally in more than 50 PGA section events
- Taught in several corporate golf clinics with over 500 students with guest instructors Jim Flick, David Leadbetter and Tom Watson
- PGA Director of Instruction of Chip Inks Golf at Village Golf Club, Royal Palm Beach, FL.
- PGA Director of Instruction/Head Professional with Golf Professional Services, Inc., at Park Ridge Golf Course, Lake Worth, FL.
- PGA Teaching Professional of Chip Inks Golf with Golf Professional Services, Inc., at Park Ridge Golf Course, Lake Worth, FL.
- PGA Director of Instruction of Chip Inks Golf at Polo West Golf Club, Wellington, FL.
- PGA Teaching Professional at The Golf Center at SportsOhio, Dublin, OH.
- PGA Teaching Professional at GolfTEC, Columbus, OH.
- PGA Teaching Professional at Golf Galaxy, Dublin, OH.
- PGA Head Professional – Delaware Golf Club, Delaware, OH.
- PGA First Assistant Golf Professional – Heritage Golf Club, Hilliard, OH.
- Assistant Golf Professional – The Country Club at Muirfield Village, Dublin, OH.
- Certified golf club fitter with Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway and Ping
- Assistant Golf Coach Anderson University – Anderson, IN.
- Played 4 years of varsity golf at Anderson University – Anderson, IN.